Ranking each NCAA football conference and school on how much their former players make in the NFL.
Organizing salary numbers by conference, college, and position provides an interesting look at where NFL talent comes from. A few notes:
- Salaries aren't a perfect indicator of talent, though better than draft or player numbers.
- Each player's salary is the average per year of their contract as reported by spotrac.com at the start of the season.
- Each player is attributed the college they finished with, so Russell Wilson is Wisconsin, not NC State.
- College's conferences are year-specific, so Miami's Andre Johnson is Big East (2002) while Jimmy Graham is ACC (2009).
- Let me know if you see any discrepancies.